Sunday, November 15, 2009

Making up for Lost Time

I was checking my blog and realized, I have not posted in a long time. There is nothing specifically new to report. I am still working at reception and my days and nights are pretty much the same as always.
I will report, I have given blood for the first time. It was an interesting experience watching my blood flow right out of me and feeling as if my arm was about to faint and almost throwing up. The cool thing was, I got to hear about who was going to receive my blood. She is a VVF patient. I hope the best for her.
Other than that life has been pretty quiet. We have the President's banquet comming up but that keeps being post poned. I think it is part of their culture to not actually cancel just keep on post poning until we give up. At any case, I doubt it will actually happen.
I did have the opportunity on Saturday to take a trip to Bab's Dock. Its a beautiful little place with hammocks, a bar, kyacks, and the assortment of little things to do. I mostly relaxed and went in the kyack. I received a sunburn a week ago so I was extremely careful. Thankfully, no more sunburns.
It is not just sunburns and hammocks; I have been working, but the fun stuff is always more interesting to report.
God bless all of you
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment