Friday, August 21, 2009

life on a semi-rolling ship




Oh a sailor's life for me... I don't know if the word sailor is the correct term for me but I am now officially living on the ship. I suppose I should mention the week I had before the ship. Just to put everyone's jealousy on its toes - I stayed in Paris for three beautiful days and nights. We biked around Paris visiting places like the Tour de Eiffel, Sacre Coer, and lovely restaurants with lovely food. I think that's the part I'll miss the most - the food.
As for my life on Mercy Ships. Its not too bad. Actually its quite nice. The food is great - not very cafetereish. They have allready put me to work. I have successfully transfered calls, signed in keys, and learned about the fire pannel which isn't as complicated as I thought. My room, as I've told various people, is small, very small. I will say some advantages, the bed is soft, I'm skinny, and it is pitch black making sleep in the day way too easy. In the mornings. Reminding myself that yes its morning and I should get up is always a interesting task involving thinking in the morning. So far no trouble. The alarm clock hasn't even done its job yet (thank goodness since it is loud) instead I wake twenty minutes before which is perfect for me who likes to lie there and just enjoy staying in bed.
I should mention my decorations, for at least my family's sake. One wall bears the a Darcy poster with a bumper sticker stating I <3 Darcy nicely put under it. The wall opposite wears my Nightwish poster. Now my room is the simplist Phengshui room I've ever seen though I truly didn't try and I don't believe in that stuff. Maybe the slight clutter takes away from that aura who knows :).
Heather out

No comments:

Post a Comment